Emotional Intelligence, A Foundational Leadership Practice
Here are the 5 practices to integrate into the way you think and behave, when you want to enhance the level of trust on your team, feel more connected to the people you work with, day-to-day, convey expectations with clarity, confidence and compassion and be seen as a competent leader:
- First, recognize your own moods, emotions and drives. Understand their impact on you and others.
- Think before you act. Control disruptive, negative impulses.
- Demonstrate drive and commitment to achieve, and the ability to maintain optimism in the face of adversity.
- Treat others in the way they want to be treated. Empathize with their feelings. Respect their perspective.
- Lay the groundwork for mutually satisfying relationships, broaden your base of influence, and establish a solid network by developing rapport and ease of dialogue across diverse groups. Find common ground and build from there.