“At work, do you have the opportunity to do what you do best, every day?” That was the question the Gallup organization asked people who participated in their research. In 2001, they found that only about 20% of people responded, “Yes,” to doing, on a daily basis, what they were good at and enjoyed. These data suggest that the other 80% of the workforce have hidden talents that go untapped or underutilized. That’s a huge loss of human potential and, as it turns out, benefits that could also accrue to the bottom line because, at work, when you and your colleagues use your strengths, you’re more satisfied, engaged and productive.

Learn about your strengths, and find ways to use them every day. Here are a few available books, Now Discover Your Strengths, Strengths Finder 2.0 and Go Put Your Strengths to Work.

Identify your strengths with this FREE tool from Gallup.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *