Reasons Americans Are Unhappy
Americans are less happy today than we were a decade ago. Tom Bemis of Market Watch, says we’re way less than cheerful for five reasons:
- Eating and not exercising, we suffer from poor health.
- Most have experienced a major stressful event in the last 2 years.
- Comparing our lifestyle to the rich and famous, as well as our Facebook friends who seem to be living large, we feel deprived.
- Wages are stagnant. We don’t have enough or save enough.
- We work too much, with many not taking all earned vacation.
If you’re unhappy take these 4 steps, daily, for 21 days:
- Stop all comparisons! Compare yourself to no one.
- List what you are happy about and grateful for.
- Set one meaningful goal and take action to achieve it.
- Do something that serves others.