We’ve all heard the expression, “In life, it’s not what happens to you that counts most, it’s how you respond.”
Amy Morin, in her new book titled 13 Things Mentally Strong People Do says the mentally resilient have core beliefs that help them cope with challenges, thrive in the face of conflict and bounce back from criticism.
According to Ms. Morin, you’re mentally strong if you:
- Take action based on your core values.
- Understand your emotions and how they impact the way you think and behave.
- Acknowledge you don’t have all the answers.
- Take a practical, realistic, look at the upsides and downsides of situations, without over valuing or devaluing either side.
- Practice contentment and use your talents and potential fully.