PODCAST: 8 Reasons To Embrace Openmindedness
All around us, there are signs that many of us are deeply entrenched in our views. In a 2017 blog post, author Frank Sonnenberg wrote about the benefits of being open-minded. I want to share with you the eight reasons he urges us all to embrace open-mindedness.
- Your horizons will expand.
- Your decision-making will be enhanced.
- Your relationships will improve.
- You’ll be better at challenging the status quo.
- You’ll be better equipped to build trust.
- You’ll grow as a person.
- Through open-mindedness, you’ll be freer to seek and find optimum solutions to everyday concerns.
- And, you’ll come closer to the truth – which usually lies somewhere between opposing points of view.
If you’re wondering if you’re open minded enough, Sonnenberg provides a long list of clues. For example, do you surround yourself with like-minded people? Do you feel you’re too old to learn anything new? Or, do you rely on “we’ve always done it that way” as an answer?Click here for a link to Sonnenberg's blog post.