While Business Insider’s list of seven things people who’ve hit success milestones by age 35 have mastered isn’t groundbreaking, little reminders are always helpful, no matter your age.
- It’s okay to ask for advice. Let go of that fear of not having the answers. The world is complicated and no one knows everything.
- Dedicate time every week to be alone. It may be hard at first but force yourself until it becomes a craving you must satisfy.
- Choose what you dedicate your energy to. Time is not infinite, so decide which fights are worth having.
- Never stop learning. Education doesn’t, and probably never really did, last a lifetime.
- Make it a point to leave your comfort zone. Remember how good it felt that time you achieved something you thought you couldn’t?
- Choose to exit that rut you’re stuck in. Don’t force yourself to stay in a place that brings you down.
- Finally, remember: you can’t please everyone.