What’s your office environment like these days? Many companies are moving to the new open space concept. Doing so represents a change – and in many cases, a significant one.
If your work environment is shifting to the open plan, with fewer to no walls and private offices, utilize change management techniques as you lead your organization through the process. For example, be sure to:
- Introduce the changes, early on – the what, why and when of it.
- Allow time for the idea of it to settle in.
- Share images of what the new space will look like.
- Help individuals understand how they will be affected.
- Create opportunities for open dialogue. Listen carefully and validate both excitements and concerns. Make note of good ideas that surface about how to make the change work for everyone.
- Affirm your intention to be supportive throughout the process.