Reason to Join A BRG
BRGs, or Business Resource Groups, are also called affinity groups, Employee Resource Groups, or ERGs, and business network groups. If your company sponsors them, be an active participant…or start one.
Here are just some of the benefits of being a member of BRGs:
- You get to interact with people who have a sense of shared experience based on a specific demographic like race, ethnicity, gender, sexual/affectional orientation, military experience, spiritual or religious practices, and the like.
- Expand and strengthen your workplace network.
- Brainstorm about ways you can help strengthen and grow the business from your functional area.
- Take on a leadership role such as program planning or membership recruitment for the coming year.
- Strategically interact with people in a relaxed social setting – people from multiple levels of the hierarchy.