Do you have a dream that you’ve just been too busy to think through and plan for? Well, if you’re like a lot of people, you’re in a period of forced isolation that’s given you the gift of extra time. Consider using it to propel yourself forward once the crisis passes.
Here’s an approach.
- Clarify your desired outcome. What is it that you want to accomplish and why.
- Educate yourself about your area of interest through books or other resources.
- Identify people from your contacts and social media with whom you could have an informational conversation. Reach out to one or two of them each day.
- Keep a journal of your learnings, as well as ideas that surface. You’ll benefit from the experiences of those who are further along on the journey you want to take.
- Now make a list of steps and resources necessary to reach your ultimate goal.
- Finally, put your plan into action, taking one small step after another. Learn and adjust as you go.