C-level executives who seek out coaching support do so to improve their skills beyond those needed for their specific industry. Lolly Daskal, CEO of Lead From Within, says these five things are among the ways executives benefit from coaching.
- Assistance with self-awareness. They seek to build self-knowledge that can help them identify and address blind spots.
- Conflict assessment support, which allows leaders to manage conflict constructively and create win-win solutions.
- Communication training. In addition to speaking well, managers need training on how to listen effectively.
- Delegation and planning. These two items fuel efficiency and professional growth – for teams and individuals.
- Help with developing and guiding individual and team talent. This is a complex process, with different needs at different stages. Executives benefit from learning how to keep the various elements of this process in balance.