A certified user of Benchmarks, a 360 instrument developed by the Center for Creative Leadership, I find it an effective tool for helping leaders understand how they’re experienced and perceived along 16 competencies, rated by a range of stakeholders.
Another important section of the report describes five problems that can stall your career.
- Problems developing healthy interpersonal relationships.
- Difficulty selecting, building and leading a team.
- Difficulty learning from mistakes, adapting to change, handling pressure.
- Failure to fulfill promises and meet business objectives.
- Lacking depth to manage outside of current function.
Are any of these career stallers a potential problem for you or a report? If so, put a corrective developmental plan in place, right away.