PODCAST: How to Bring Your Best To Everything You Do
In a recent New York Times article, Simran Sethi spoke to a therapist, a scholar, a monk and a CEO about what it means to be good. Here are a few ways they say we can bring our best to everything we do.
- Be kind. Kindness lies at the heart of goodness. Know that being kind may require words and action, or restraint and silence.
- Pay attention. Be present and alert to what is happening in and around you. When you’re aware of feelings, thoughts and bodily sensations, you can make better choices.
- Put challenges into perspective. Focus on the impact you can have on addressing a problem.
- Hold yourself accountable. Know what motivates you to do or not do something. Use that knowledge to achieve your goals.
- No matter what, keep trying. In the words of author Nick Hornby, “Keep goodness close to you as an ambition.”