In Sara Fabian’s Success.com article, “7 Life Truths I Wish I Knew Sooner,” she shares her seven truths, beginning with:
- Loving my whole self – mind, body and soul – is not selfish. Rather, it’s necessary for a healthy life.
- Perfection is pure fiction. She quotes John C. Maxwell, who said “Sometimes we win, sometimes we learn. We never lose.”
- I am not a victim. Our past doesn’t define our future, and blaming others for taking our time, money, love, etc. is unfair because we choose what we give.
- Fabian says, since you can’t please everyone, worrying about what others think is a waste of time.
- Saying no to things you don’t want is a learned practice of self-care. Know the difference between “shoulds” imposed by others and “wants” that come from within.
- Life doesn’t have to be an exhausting competition. Mind your own journey and be happy for others.
- Finally, being authentic is a matter of choice.