PODCAST: A 2018 Resolution Reset
We’re more than half way through January.
How are you doing with your resolutions?
The New York Times offers up these suggestions to help you sustain commitment and stay the course.
- Be specific and concrete as you set goals.
- Make goals measureable. Establish milestones to measure your progress.
- Aim high and make sure your goals are achievable.
- Be relevant. Choose resolutions that matter to you – even if no one else. This improves your probability of success.
- Establish reasonable timelines. And honor small wins along the way.
In addition, Smarter Living Editor, Tim Herrera, suggests focusing less on positive thinking and more on self-forgiveness. Anticipate inevitable slip-ups, and get right back on track when they happen. If you’re serious about making changes in your life, the date on the calendar matters less than keeping a commitment that you’ve made to yourself.