If you aspire to become a leader, but your title is still something less, Forbes.com contributor William Arruda offers these five tips to help others see you in a leadership role.
- Master the mindset. Look way beyond your to-do list to the bigger picture. Think of ways you and the work you do can contribute to the existing vision, and how you can inspire others.
- Mimic your mentor. If you don’t have one, seek out someone who is your senior and who projects the leadership style you’d like to adopt.
- Maximize meetings. Use these opportunities to shine. Prepare in advance, show up on time, egage fully and showcase your leadership thinking.
- Market your message. Demonstrate thought-leadership on social media that is visible to decision-makers and influencers.
- Make your mark. Volunteer to lead projects or propose spearheading an important change initiative.