PODCAST: Are Your Job and Personality Aligned?
Is Your Job A Good Match For Your Personality?
While we can learn how to do just about anything, personality factors play a prominent role in determining what we do best most easily. In the 1950’s, Oregon Research Institute’s Lewis Goldberg created “The Big Five” personality model. Mindtools.com says his work remains relevant. I agree.
The model measures five key dimensions of personality:
- Openness or your desire for knowledge and new experiences.
- Conscientiousness, the level of care and diligence you demonstrate.
- Extraversion and introversion speak to how sociable you are.
- Agreeableness looks at how well you get along with others.
- And natural reactions is all about your level of emotional stability.
When our personality – our natural gifts, preferences and tendencies – is aligned with the requirements of our work, we shine and enjoy what we do.
Click here to find for the Big Five Project Personality Test and find out where your personality strengths lie.