Here are a few practices that can boost your happiness quotient, at work, in relationships, anywhere you find yourself.
- Focus on what’s working well. Choose to give your attention to what’s good and satisfying.
- Be aware of yourself and others, but not critical. Notice behavior without judgment, blame or condemnation.
- In every situation, no matter the circumstances, see all sides. Have an accurate, balanced and wholistic view of people and events.
- When things happen that you don’t like, ask yourself, “What can I learn from this?” Or. “What’s the potential good in this?”
- Engage with others. Sharing our perspectives, and stories about our experiences, helps us feel connected to humanity and life.
- Laugh every day. I turn on black-ish, The Big Bang Theory or Modern Family, chuckle…and feel good. Laughter lifts my mood.