How to Stack The Deck In Your Favor
Job security isn’t always guaranteed, but according to Fast Company contributor Gwen Moran, there are seven things you can do to stack the deck in your favor. Here are six of them.
- Channel elite athletes. Strive to improve your performance and up your professional game. Be more tactical and disciplined, communicate well and be a good teammate.
- Do your own review. Keep track of your accomplishments, feedback received, progress made, and set new goals.
- Track your metrics. Know what data others are using to measure your success and find ways to keep the numbers moving in the right direction.
- Do an alignment check. Make sure your career priorities are consistent with the company’s values.
- Speak up. Effectively communicate when you don’t know something or when you’re ready for a new opportunity.
- Make your boss look great. People value those who help them do their jobs better, so help your boss excel.
Like it? Share it!