PODCAST: 5 Questions To Empower Employees
Many experts believe that empowered and engaged employees are more productive and more loyal. But where do managers begin the process of building the ideal energized and focused team? Gallup suggests asking each team member these five questions.
- What do you know you can do well, but haven’t done yet?
- What activities – inside and outside of work — do you finish and think “I can’t wait to do that again?”
- What have you done well that you didn’t need someone to explain to you how to do it?
- What have other people told you you’re great at?
- What activities are you engaged in when you are unaware of time passing?
Asking these questions is just the start. The answers should lead to meaningful conversations that help managers energize and empower each team member in ways that are unique to their talents and passions. To learn more, read up on the strengths-based approach to leadership.