A sharp mind is so vital to a productive and healthy life. According to Oprah.com contributor Jessica Migala, keeping your mind sharp can be as simple as doing these five things.
- Fast walking to prevent cognitive decline and increase hippocampus growth. That’s the part of the brain that controls memory and emotion.
- Maintain social ties. Loneliness leads to decreased physical activity and unhealthy habits. Socializing supports good brain health and a sense of wellbeing.
- Enjoy morning quiet time. It can reduce stress and improve concentration throughout the day.
- Cook new dishes. This is an easy way to learn new things and build neural connections.
- Eat a colorful diet. Aim for antioxidant-rich red, green, orange, yellow, blue and purple foods which are shown to lower dementia risk.