How do you approach the end of your workday – when your energy is low there’s not enough time to start a new project? Do you surf social media, aimlessly finger through things on your desk, or scroll through emails to which you don’t intend to reply. Well, Fast Company has suggestions for making the last stretch of your day more productive.
- Organize your emails. Unsubscribe from newsletters you don’t read. Delete or archive old messages. Create folders for work with specific departments, topics, projects or individuals. Mark those emails that still require your attention.
- Think through your next big project. What are your next steps? With whom do you need to engage, and how?
- Strengthen your thought leadership. Catch up on industry news. Share articles on social media.
- Declutter your desk. Get rid of the distractions that hamper productivity.
- On Friday’s make a plan for the next week. List, rank and schedule the things you must accomplish.